Surprise, It’s Not a Death Trap


I have been on a Fiero kick lately, wanted one since the early ’80s. I had to get it out of my system eventually so I grabbed a 2M4 that needed help for next to nothing, to kick around in, use for commutes and the occasional countryside cruise with the sunroof popped out. My wife’s reaction was that I had bought a deathtrap.

Before jumping in I researched the hell out of Fieros. I remembered the fires and recalls long ago, so I wanted to know all I could before buying one. A LOT of interesting info was uncovered while Googling Fieros, but most importantly Pontiac made the cabin’s structural integrity a priority. They employed a space frame cabin design that offered unprecedented protection for a car of its size. According to Consumer Reports, the only car rated safer was the Volvo DL.

I have also read and watched accounts of the protection Fieros have given when all went wrong. Of course, no car can keep you safe in every scenario and Fieros are small and still vulnerable depending on the circumstances, but this video I found is impressive when you think of how such a small car could have kept its occupant on this side of the soil.

 



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий