G8 Becoming Caprice? Umm… Nevermind

Lose the hype, Bob - just tell us the truth

Lose the hype, Bob - just tell us the truth

For a few days there, I was actually excited about “the new GM.”

Here’s why:

1.  The company came out of bankruptcy after an exceptionally short stay, with promises to take on the world in a brand-new way.

2.  Bob Lutz came back and announced that the Pontiac G8 would become a Chevy Caprice in the United States. Excitement ensued.

I should’ve known, though, that GM wouldn’t actually come through. Why was I such a moron to believe Mr. Lutz was telling the truth? Mostly because I’m optimistic about the company, even though I probably shouldn’t be.

I’m disgruntled because GM CEO Fritz Henderson told our friends at Autoblog that Lutz was lying.

Okay, he didn’t actually say that. But he did say this to Autoblog about the G8 rumor:

We’ve been looking at it for police applications. As for whether or not it’s broader than police applications, I am not a believer in re-branding and re-badging. We’ve been talking about in terms of potential police applications and we’ll leave it at that.

Does anyone else thing GM needs to get its communication in order, especially from top execs, if it hopes to succeed? One exec telling the world one story only to be discredited a few days later by the CEO is not good business.

I had hope that I could rebuild my trust in General Motors. I should trust my instincts, though, and admit that it’ll be the same old company, deception and all.

Are you ready to trust General Motors and buy their products?

-tgriffith





Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий